Giving you confidence in your critical components whatever the situation
We provide a comprehensive engineering package for design, calculation, manufacture, installation and commissioning of new build equipment. Utilising experienced hydraulics engineers, we offer a dedicated service that is complimentary to the wider engineering capabilities of our customers.
Hydraulic Power Units
We will design and manufacture hydraulic power units to suit your specifications. As a responsive, engineer lead company, we are able to accommodate bespoke requirements whilst maintaining fast turn-around and cost competitiveness.
Our workshop facilities enable us to assemble systems with a power range of 7.5kW-500kW[jd1] , fully tested at our facility. We design to both industrial onshore and offshore requirements – relishing the different challenges faced in each sector. The range of typical offshore system features include:
- IP rated stainless steel enclosures
- Hazardous Area / ATEX compliant components
- Stainless steel tank and fittings
- Offshore paint system
- DNV 2.7-1 certified frame
- Seawater / marine environment compatible cooling systems
Many operators have come to accept the hazards and operating costs associated with running standard hydraulic power units due to the lack of available time to specify or procure bespoke systems. At Pryme Group, we continually update our designs with the latest technologies and apply design improvements from each project to the next. Available system improvements include:
- Reduced noise and vibration
- Reduced power consumption
- Improved cooling efficiency
- Improved fluid conditioning
- Elimination of leak points
- Space and weight saving
We would be delighted to offer you an improved solution for your system, whether you are looking to design a new application or upgrade or replace existing units.
We recognise that many new and existing hydraulic system designs can be improved by using bespoke manifold blocks in the place of traditional valve stacks and assemblies. When correctly designed the benefits are seen not only in the neatness of the original equipment but in the subsequent reliability and ease of diagnostic testing.
We can supply cost-effective manifolds to suit your existing circuit, or we can provide a full design service. The advantages of using bespoke manifolds include:
- Compact design enables space saving
- Reduced number of connections eliminates common hydraulic leak points
- Multiple test points allow for system investigations and monitoring
- Cost saving
Manifold Block Design
Experience and skilled engineers specialising in bespoke manifold design consolidate multiple valve stacks into a compact leak free manifold. Manifolds are designed using 3D CAD programs allowing interface connections to be easily checked and aligned and ensuring rapid and effective transfer from design to manufacturing.
Manifold blocks can be supplied with full certificates of conformity, pressure test and 3.1 material certification. We are familiar with coating and painting procedures to meet offshore operating requirements and will always work in accordance with client project specifications.
Bespoke Hydraulics Equipment
Pryme Group Hydraulics is able to undertake the complete or partial scope of work for the design, manufacture and commissioning of bespoke equipment including test rigs and functional prototypes.
We have experience of working with a wide range of industries to develop new technologies including Renewable Energy, Subsea, Defence and Aerospace. The examples of challenges undertaken include:
- Active heave compensation systems
- Variable load test rigs
- Sea state simulators
- Fatigue test rigs
- Combined test and flushing rigs
- Hydraulic ring main
The scope of our involvement can include any or all of the following services:
- Design and specification of components
- Bespoke hydraulic system assembly
- Control panels and manifolds
- Electrical control system integration
- Factory acceptance testing
- On-site commissioning
Pryme Group Hydraulics provides a full design and project management service based on understanding your application needs and performance specifications.
Our design engineers have experience with open and closed loop circuit design and maintain up-to-date knowledge of hydraulic components and new technologies. Our design service can include the specification and integration of components or modules manufactured by other suppliers. Design outputs include:
- Hydraulic calculations
- Hydraulic schematic and parts list
- General arrangement drawings
- 3D CAD model
- Electrical control system design
- ATEX certification
Pryme Group is able to support your hydraulic equipment and system troubleshooting beyond standard maintenance requirements. Specialist hydraulic engineers are available to provide expert interventions working alongside your engineers or as independent contractors.
We undertake work on third-party systems offering independent advice and working with you to ensure existing systems operate to your expectations. Our typical work scopes include:
- Commissioning of hydraulic / electro-hydraulic systems
- Fault finding investigations
- Upgrading of systems to meet new operational demands
- Complex design and application problem solving
- Assessment of system efficiency
- Optimisation of operations
- Preventative maintenance planning
- Training of system operators